What is Sacred Pregnancy?
The Sacred Pregnancy mini retreat is a beautiful and special way of honouring your journey through pregnancy and motherhood, it is a celebration of becoming a mother (even if it isn’t your first baby).
The intention is to create sacred sisterhood infused with a circle of light, celebrating the you behind your bump, honouring your journey as every pregnancy and child creates a new mother.
We develop sacred sisterhood and enable you to set up a pregnancy practice and take a deeper look at how you are connecting with your baby, we solely focus on the pregnancy journey and the inner connection between YOU and YOUR BABY. We do not go into any antenatal education at the mini retreat. The retreat is about letting go of the stress and worry that often goes with the birth journey, it is about restoring the sacredness that this modern world seems to have lost after all it takes 9 months to unfold or consciousness of pregnancy we just cannot cram it in at the end.
What happens during the retreat?
The retreat is a shortened version of the 8 week pregnancy journey course and is held over 2 days and we will cover the following:
- Opening ceremony
- Sacred space- Explore creating a personal sacred space at home, meditation practice + the benefits of journaling (you will create a collage candle)
- Connection + expectations- Explore connection to yourself, the baby and the pregnancy experience + discuss your pregnancy expectations (you will create a sisterhood connection art piece)
- Food + body image- Explore cravings, mindful eating, body changes + challenges (you will create menu cards + experience witness dancing)
- Relationships + romance- Bring your partner to class and discuss relationship shifts, romance and keeping the fire lit! (you are your partner will create HEART art + make a sweet connection)
- Fears- Holding space to discuss all fears relating to pregnancy, birth and motherhood (you will burn your fears + do group EMPOWERMENT silk painting)
- Forgiveness- Find the strength to forgive past hurts allow emotional space to open up BEFORE baby comes (ripping free + binding your pregnancy power “spirit stick”)
- Honoring- we explore emotional nesting, gender bias and mother blessings (personal power blessings + essential oils soak with optional flower crown creation)
- Sisterhood “ going to the bowl”- join in with the sisterhood circle to allow deep reflection of the experiences shared together and going forward (going to the salt bowl)
- Closing ceremony
The retreat is full of love, laughter, dancing, serene music, some drumming, creativity, connection and light. We also honour our mamas with a selection of mini therapies such as a hand or foot massage, Reiki, Indian head massage and henna prior to our closing ceremony.
How much is the retreat?
The price of the 2 day retreat is £185 and includes refreshments, homemade nutritious snacks throughout the day and in true sisterhood style we have a shared lunch. You will take home all your wonderful creations as well as a beautiful home crafted bag full of gorgeous gifts for all our pregnant mamas attending the retreat.
Where is it held?
Our non residential urban and rural Sacred Pregnancy retreats are held throughout year in various beautiful settings across London, Middlesex and Surrey.
Follow us on our sacred pregnancy facebook page for future dates or to contact me for further information.