‘May you never thirst’
Nourishing and Honouring the mother
Crossing the threshold from maiden to mother is a huge undertaking that not only needs to be recognised but it should be honoured for the sacred rite of passage it is. Every woman deserves to be welcomed into motherhood with nurturing touch, deep love, compassion and gentle care. In many cultures when a woman had birthed her baby, it was seen as a spiritual time that deserves extreme reverence, humility, deep holistic care and warmth that enables the new mama to truly heal and seal the birth process. Here in the west we have lost this art of sacred honouring and nurturing of our beautiful women, we have lost the knowledge of all has been passed down from our own mothers, grandmothers and so on. I use a number of Ayurvedic practices for postpartum wellbeing, from my own culture as well that of other indigenous cultures, honouring the wisdom of the wise grandmothers who have passed down their teachings at our session to acknowledge their wisdom.
What is a Mother Roaster?
Essentially a mother roaster honours the mother after she has given birth, she herself is a wise woman/ caregiver/ doula/ mother who nurtures new mothers after birth while supporting their postnatal recovery and journey into motherhood.
I provide a menu of services to warm the new mother immediately after birth (depending on the type of birth) while supporting her healing for postnatal recovery, each is bespoke to the mothers postpartum recovery needs. These are provided in the comfort of your own home.
As part of my service I offer some options to include may be a range of warming, sealing and closing practices as well as holistic herbal tinctures, herbal infused teas, birth reflection and tea ceremony, fear release, herbal sitz bath & compression pads, yoni steam herbs, salves, balms, massage oils, hot abdominal press, moxa, belly binding* & tummy firming paste, sealing ceremony or the closing the bones massage, as well as a home food service providing nourishing and healing foods for new mothers, including using my the energy boosting and restorative snack recipe of my ancestors.
- Sacred Mother: you will receive the full mother roaster service as listed below (including birth journal and nurturing food* as per seasonal menu and a handmade heat pack with lavender) £785 *the food service is dependent on your location
Alternatively you select any of the packages as detailed below:
- Sacred After birth basics: a select range of consciously combined herbal teas, handmade salves/ balms (choose from the following; basic bum butter- great for sore bums, prana balm, soothing salve, black salve- great for first aid kit), herbal sitz bath, yoni steam herbs, rose infused abdominal massage oil, tinctures (choose from vital fire after pains tincture*, mother ease and mama pick me up tincture*) (£125) *the tinctures are included for free, if you require non alcohol based ones these will be charged.
- Sacred Ceremonial honouring: postnatal full body massage followed by ceremonial (plant) milk- honey- rose bath or malay floral bath, herbal tea and fresh flower crown (£145)
- Sacred Closing the Hips: Birth reflection, guided meditation and closing the hips massage and full ceremony to close the circle of birth (£110)
- Sacred Belly binding: Bengkung belly bind and warming piece x1 (both included), heated stones, tummy firming paste herbs, moxa, hot stone abdominal press with warmed oils (oil application and binding session included), provided in your home (£170).
If you wish for an energy balance healing session this is available for a special offer price of £55 in addition to any of the above services.
Please contact me to discuss your specific requirements as this is a bespoke service so you can select specific elements from any of the above packages or from my massage services to make your own. I offer a discount on any of the above packages if you have booked a sacred life doula service with me.
NB. travel expenses (mileage) and a call out fee apply if outside a 5 mile radius from my home area of TW12.